Jay Freeman (@saurik) has released a new version of Cydia today: Cydia 1.1.2. There was no changelog to view but the assumption is that it includes some bug fixes and overall speed improvements.
You can install Cydia 1.1.2 in the following ways:
Here’s a guide on how to install Cydia:
1. Download Cydia 1.1.2
2. Use iFile and UNARCHIVE the folder
3. Open the Cydia 1.1.2 Folder and COPY the ‘cydia_1.1.2_iphoneos-arm.deb’ file
4. Go to: /var/root/Media and PASTE the cydia deb file here
5. Now go to: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and PASTE the Cydia deb file here, too.
***you might have to create the Cydia and AutoInstall folders. If so, pay attention to the capitalization! You might even need to create the Media folder if it isn’t inside the /var/root/ folder***
6. Go back to the /var/root/Media folder and TAP on the Cydia deb file
7. INSTALL the Cydia deb file
8. Now REBOOT your phone.
9. You should now have Cydia!
1. Follow iFile method till step 5 using WinSCP or your SSH client
2. Run this command
dpkg -i cydia_1.1.2_iphoneos-arm.deb
3. That’s it!
There was no changelog to view but the assumption is that it includes some bug fixes and overall speed improvements. Probably getting ready for iOS 5.