The HTC Desire S was launched in February earlier this year, as a successor to HTC Desire bringing in improved functionality with it’s faster connectivity,increase in RAM n ROM and a faster GPU.The Desire S ran Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 and HTC’s Sense 2.1 UI .
Now,GSMArena reported today about the new software update has already started rolling out and it fires up from gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.5 alongwith the latest version of Sense.i.e v3.0.This brings in a lot of new UI features like the interactive lock screens, new animations, an updated launcher as well as a host of new widgets like Weather and Photo grid ,and also latest version of the Android Market and access to HTC’s Watch service.Better GPS performance has been also noticed.
It’s raining tablets as far as the indian market goes, first we saw the release of high end Samsung Galaxy Tab’s new generation range then we saw the Reliance Branded tablet for 12,999 INR and then just 2 weeks after that Beetel Tablet launch for 9,999 INR.
Now Mercury a well known brand for it’s hardware peripherals like motherboards and other stuff has entered the tablet business with the launch of mTab,first 3 core Android based tablet at the price tag of 9,499 INR
mTab Specifications :-
- 7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) TFT LCD capacitive touch screen display
- G-Sensor for screen rotation and 3D games
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Dimensions - 19.3cm X 11.7cm X 1.4cm
- Weight 400g
- 1.2 GHz ARM 11 processor with OpenGL 3D accelerator and VPU for 1080 hard encoding
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g, 3G USB dongle support
- 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI out (720p / 1080i), USB OTG support (cable included)
- Audio player and Video player with 1080p playback support
- 4GB inbuilt storage (supports up to 16GB optional) and expandable up to 32GB with micro SD
- 1.3MP front camera
- 4000 mAh Battery that supports up to 4h of continuous video playback.
This one is by far the best bang for buck configuration i have ever seen for a tablet at that price tag,this would certainly kick some ass off other competitors to bring down their prices.Good this about this one is this is not a Carrier Locked device like the Reliance Tab which is a locked device(if unlocked the warranty is void).
The device is expected to hit the stores in September. Watch this space for more on this.